Let's ignore the fact that it was in the 90's earlier...because I was rather looking forward to true Virginia fall. But as any Virginia girl knows, you're most definitely getting a few 'JK's from Mother Nature before she gives you a brisk day in the 70's. So take this Friday Fete and tuck it away for brisk weather apple picking festivities.
How to...throw a fall apple party.
- Set the scene with tall fall branches and apples in your arrangement. Want an easier centerpiece? Find a metallic bowl and stack away like this shot from Will Cook with Friends.
- Make place cards from what's in your back yard! Spray paint leaves gold and write names in black calligraphy like these by Julie Song. Or if you want something a bit more relaxed, make 3D apples from Studio DIY.
- Hand paint linnens for meal napkins or even guest gifts....or a DIY project party.
- Your hostess outfit? Boom layers and a gorgeous scarf. This photo shoot by Wit and Delight is amazing. Add a gold fox necklace and you're ready to go.
- Learn all about the varieties of apples and educate your guests with this guide.
- Make an apple cheddar galette with a Greek yogurt crust from Bakeaholic Mamma.
- Or make apples a la mode.
- For apple picking, remember it's about quality, not quantity. Pick the ripe ones in your favorite variety.
My favorite kind of apples are honey crisp and fuji. What about you?
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.