What girl doesn't love rocks? I'm not even talking about the kind that comes in a blue box. I'm talking about agate, geodes, and minerals. While they are starting to get the attention they deserve in home decor and jewelry we forget about minerals for health! For Nutrition: Minerals are nutritionally crucial to our bodies even though they aren't the media darlings of health news. Want strong bones? Muscles that contract and relax? Perhaps you would like fluids in your body to stay in their correct places? I would, please. Thank the minerals.
- Calcium & Magnesium:
- Eat: Leafy greens, yogurt, nuts, seafood
- Why?: Bone and teeth building, nerve and muscle function
- Eat: Beans, dried fruit, whole grains, eggs, meat
- Why?: An anti-anemia mineral, better blood flow and hence oxygen flow to your body, muscle function
- Eat: Tomato, banana, broccoli, potato, legumes
- Why?: Nerve and muscle function plus internal fluids stay where they should
For Wearing: This my favorite DIY project of the moment from SwellMayde. Take advantage of total natural beauty of minerals. In my opinion, the rockier, the more untamed the better. Click over to her site for the full 'ingredients list' you need.
For Hostessing: I believe your food should focus on natural. That means in season, no dyes and no crazy chemicals to improve the taste of a sadly 'diet' processed food. Want to bring natural to your party? These bottle toppers from Anthropologie are unique and gorgeous additions to your party.
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.