Halloween is kind of a fun holiday if you don't take it too seriously. For me it's more of an excuse to bring gourds in my house (and not eat them) and to wear orange (the unicorn of my closet). Here's your inspiration for hosting a Halloween evening that's less a little less cheesy than most.
How to throw a chic Halloween
- Wear orange. There's an orange for everyone, but I especially love this combination of a bold orange coat with black pants.
- I really love Style Me Pretty Living. This white pumpkin tablescape shows you how to use interesting pumpkins in grey green along with branches.
- You wouldn't be a healthy hostess without these pretty darn cute sweet potatoes slices cut like jack 'o' lanterns. Via Simply Recipes
- Pumpkin seed brittle. Enough said. via Martha Stewart
- I love the styling of this house from Garden and Gun. The dark portraits and firewood paired with the white walls work. Why for halloween? Why not have an excuse to pull out some darker artwork?
- DIY black cat lights. Via Planet Blue
- Possibly the coolest planting I've seen recently: black cat petunias. Get your's from Burpee.
- I'm a cat lady so this scarf from Leif Shop has my name written all over it.
- Carve mini place cards on small pumpkins using the same method I used for house numbers pumpkins. Surface carving= long lasting.
- Cozy up with a throw. This one is out of stock, but I'm loving the cable knit sweater version.
- And of course, keep an eye out for trick or treaters. And vampires. (Image source unknown. It's so freaking cute!)
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.