Despite seeing some Christmas trees in my Instagram feed already, I'm still really into Thanksgiving. It needs respect too. And if you're kind of in this same boat you need to watch this SNL skit. Thanksgiving for me has always been the same: lots of food, we walk the dogs to the pond or to see the horses…there's usually cocktails and some sort of competitive game or quiz where there may or may not be pushing and shoving involved. You know, typical family gathering.
If you're hosting and stuck on decor or the menu, here are my picks.
- Send family and friends home with leftovers…but beautiful leftovers. Download these gorgeous calligraphy labels form Oh Happy Day!
- Thanksgiving is all about… food and football! Kidding. It's being thankful. Create placemats with sharpie and brown butcher's paper so guests can share their thoughts.
- Williams Sonoma perfectly pulled off this fall table buffet. It's not too pretentious. It's just grabbing what's in season outside for a vase and using containers you have in your house but probably never use.
- Try a table garland instead of a tall centerpiece or ones that take up space. This way, you have room for all of the dishes.
- Some people dress up for Thanksgiving, but in our family you need to be dressed for lawn games and a walk in the woods or to see the horses. This outfit from Sidebraids is basically what I wear: quilted jacket (I have it in black and love it), button up or popover, sweater (love this one with elbow patches) , and chinos with stretch in a dark color.
- For menu ideas:
///Sources linked above. Click links for recipes and original sources. ///
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.