Well shoot guys. It's August! WIth summer winding down, enjoying the beach and fresh seafood is a must. Even if you think you're sick of it now, come December you'll settle for an awful frozen lobster tail from the depths of a Costco freezer. Seafood is an amazing source of lean protein, provided you don't douse it in butter, and a really good beauty food full of selenium and zinc.
How to...throw a Seaside Seafood Soiree
- This is the kind of party that starts around noon and goes until midnight. Start off outside on the deck or by the beach with lush summer flowers, stripes and big striped umbrellas. Once it gets dark, throw down these padded Nantucket red rolls for people to sit on around a fire or on the deck.
- Sending out invites? I love this water color oyster pattern with lemons.
- Set out these West Elm striped tumblers for people to mix drinks in. A bloody mary, gin and tonic or sea breeze are all great cocktail options.
- Break out your favorite striped gear. A light shirt with stripes paired with white pants or bright chino shorts and tortoise shell sunglasses is as as good as it gets. If only I could wear this year round.
- Need a great gift? You can get the coordinates of your favorite sea side town put on these zippered bags.
- Serve mini lobster rolls, scallop sliders, plenty of corn on the cob like these combos from Erin, tons of tomato salad and a big fruit platter.
What's your favorite seafood? I'm a salmon and crab lover!
///Images hyperlinked above///
Dietitian Nutritionist and cookbook author sharing flavor-forward recipes and simplified science-driven wellness.