I have favorite healthy staple foods I always have in my house. Greek yogurt (0% plain) is one of those staples. Today I'm sharing my 5 favorite healthy toppings that take Greek yogurt from bland to balanced.
My clients know I love protein packed Greek yogurt as part of breakfast or a snack. The protein helps keep the full, satisfied and able to power through the rest of their usually insane schedules. While I really do love some of the flavored Greek yogurts, I don't like the 'extra' stuff in the blends. Why ingest the extra when you can add the real version on top...and with fiber might I add!
Top 5 Greek Yogurt Toppings
- Peaches: A good source of beauty nutrients vitamin A and C. It's also a good source of fiber to help you feel full.
- Berries: Need I say more? Super power of beauty foods and helpful for fighting sun burn.
- Almonds: Fiber and protein in one tiny container. I'm nuts about almonds.
- Hemp Seeds: Five grams of protein in two tablespoons, these little seeds are still pretty uncommon to see in most pantries. They're high in omega three and six making them a great addition to your beauty food regimen.
- Honey: True, honey is a sweetener. I'm not recommending going over board with honey, but for a drizzle of sweetness, this is where I go. Some preliminary studies indicate it might help with seasonal allergies and we may be able to use the antibacterial attributes of honey in many not yet explored ways.
For my ultimate combo, I love a ton of fruit, the almonds and seeds but not necessarily the honey. For dessert? You bet.
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.