It never ceases to amaze me as to how much I've learned in my blogging and work in social media. While being a dietitian and specializing in social media and communications certainly isn't a typical career path, I feel I've experienced and acquired more knowledge than most people this early in their careers. The online nutrition community has become a wonderful place and I'm thrilled to have met many health professionals and students here. Which leads me to today's post. Many thanks to Stephanie, a dietetic intern from the blog On the Road to RD for giving me the one lovely blog award! The award asks bloggers to share 7 facts about themselves, so here we go.
7 Carlene RD Facts:
- When I was in elementary school I wanted to be an orthodontist when I grew up. I reasoned that it was in the health field, I wouldn't deal with blood, and I could see the same patients over and over. What kind of 4th grader does that?
- I am constantly reading. In the car I listen to audio books. And I prefer British humor (P.G. Wodehouse is my favorite).
- I love monograms. “My rule is, if it’s not moving…monogram it.” -Reese Witherspoon
- I cannot deal with ticks, wild free-range snakes, copious amounts of blood, or heights.
- My husband and I are high school sweethearts, but we’ve known each other since fourth grade. He will not let me live down a bucket hat and overalls from over a decade ago.
- I have a menagerie. I can’t say no to an animal that needs a home. In high school I worked at a veterinarian office. Needless to say I brought home 2 kittens during my time there.
- I'm going through the process of learning the art of golf. Call me and we'll set up a tee time when I'm 50 and finally have golf figured out.
I'm passing this award on to some of my favorite nutrition bloggers:
- Elizabeth RD from Don't White Sugar Coat it
- Alexandra MPH from I Eat Asphalt
- Allison RD from Picky Eating RD
- Tanya RD from Dine Dash and Deadlift
- Kara RD from Peace Love and Food
- Heather RD from Dietitian on the Run
To accept this award:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other blogs that you would like to give the award to. ( Meh- call me a rebel. I didn't do 15.)
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.