We’re moved into our new house and are up to our ears in boxes, barware and baggage. This week’s Friday favorites were the husband’s idea: his now ongoing ‘honeydew’ list. Clever for a dietitian husband, I might add. Our house restoration and decorating is more difficult than most. You might say we like a challenge, and we certainly purchased one. Because our home is in a historic district, every decision we make regarding the exterior property requires passage by the board of architectural review. Did we mention they're sticklers for historically accurate? Bless their hearts.
- Find a beautiful, architecturally appropriate front door.
- Create smart entry way stops with antique mirrors.
- Tile the backsplash and sneaky interiors, like the pantry.
- Find an office desk. Note: He says I’m not getting this 3 thousand dollar table as a desk. I say, anything that’s not a stack of boxes to type on, is a win.
- Build tons of shelving for our growing library. And a cat shelf for the window is a must.
- Plant the boxwoods and shape.
What's on your house to-do list?....or your husband's?
Note: Photo sources hyperlinked via Pinterest.