Love dessert, have allergies or live a vegan life? Meet Wink!
I met the Wink crew during Expo East in passing. It was kind of a 'this sounds cool, send me info...I'm suspicious because this product sounds too good to be true'. And then the package of Wink came in the mail. I read the labels. I tasted with my taste tester (who really, really, really likes sweets)... and I realized that this product is honest to goodness great.
Thoughts on Wink:
- It's virtually allergen free, meaning all of my clients who are allergic to gluten, soy, nuts, dairy, eggs...are good to go!
- It's vegan. Now vegans have a go to frozen dessert option.
- It's 25 calories per serving...100 calories if you eat the entire pint. Let me say I'm not a calories girl. I don't count calories, I don't encourage my clients to count calories...I'm a big picture, healthy lifestyle girl but I feel this is worth mentioning. Somehow Wink managed to pull of a sweet and creamy dessert with minimal calories that tastes good. I'm into it.
- Don't expect ice cream or you will be very disappointed. Wink= frozen dessert. When I first opened the carton I had concerns. It looked icy, it was hard to scoop...but it had just come out of a dry ice box! In a regular freezer, let it sit out for a minute before you scoop for an almost sorbet like texture.
- It's sugar free and does NOT have sugar alcohols. YES-YES-YES! So excited I can eat this! They do use stevia/monk fruit/agave so it's not 'sweetener' free, but there are no creepy science lab sweeteners in this carton.
- The packaging could use some work if I'm being honest. The package is busy and the colors are muddy (especially on the mint chocolate)...but I think the little scoop is cute. When design husband and I talked about this we both agreed we would love to see Wink move in a more simple, plenty of white space design. Save some printing costs.
- Wink has amazing flavors. Iced latte, choco mint, cake batter, cinnamon bun and cocoa dough are right up my alley. Cake batter and cinnamon bun where my favorites.
Delicious wisdom: This makes an amazing 'milk/milk alternative-shake'. Crazy good!!! Add skim milk/almond milk/coconut milk/rice milk to a serving and enjoy!
Disclosure: Wink sent me this goodness. They didn't compensate me for talking about it or pressure me into silence if I hated it.
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.