Exciting news! This June I'll be hosting a workshop in DC for The Gathering Project!
(Isn't the husband the coolest? I love the text he wove in to this shot I took over the weekend of wisteria in the neighborhood!)
The theme of this retreat is 'throwing a summer dinner party' which I think we alllll know is basically my favorite thing ever. Outdoors + food = win. The cool thing about this event is you'll experience classes from different experts. I'll be teaching how to create a healthy summer dessert but you'll also learn bread baking and painting ceramics! Tickets are just now on sale and if you scoop them up before Mother's Day you'll get 25% off with the code 'mom' at checkout!
Here's a video from the January Retreat. You know your interest is piqued.
Other updates from the Healthfully Ever After office:
- I'm wrapping up another presentation on social media in the nutrition world for next week! The last one was for my national association specifically for our public policy specialists in each state. This one is also for my national association (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) but for the entire boards of each state affiliate! I'm basically giving the low down on what I've been doing in Virginia as our state PR/Media chair for the past two years before I switch to Member Services Chair. Um and also right before I also become the Social Media Chair for Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group. My time is 100% volunteer but I care A LOT about my profession. It's worth it.
- On top of that FNCE planning is rolling....I was thrilled to find out this year I'll be part of a group presenting in Atlanta for national dietetic conference. We all did a Google Hangout to get crackin'. Side note: coolest web program ever. If you need to video chat with a group, use it!
- The last sibling college graduation is this weekend. I know my parents are throwing themselves a party. My little sister is graduating from JMU this weekend (3 kids. 3 JMU grads.).
- There might be another Prius purchase. Guys. I know we made the right car decision earlier this year because we are actually considering trading in our second car for ANOTHER Prius. I can't say enough about our Prius C!
- You need to check out The Crinkle Bag. I'm totally a cat lady (See fur baby Tango below with the huge whiskers). And if you are too, you will love this blog a few fellow bloggers started.
Dietitian Nutritionist. My husband Chris and I create food and beverage photos, videos, stopmotions and recipes. And they're really cool.